St. Augustine School of Medical Assistants Reviews

St. Augustine School of Medical Assistants offers one of the best accredited Medical Assistant programs online, they are ranked in the Top 10 Best Medical Assistant Schools by Best Colleges.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

 

Medical Assistant Career

Career Plans
This 2009 I am really planning to pursue my career in nursing. I shall take NCLEX, etc. Though I am a registered Nurse here in the Philippines, I don’t plan to work here in Manila, as we all know Nurses here are overworked and underpaid. But who knows, I still might be one of them…Those who are ignorant always always sees nurses as medical assistants. This is a wrong connotation as medical assistants are professionals who are always required by law to work under the direct supervision of a licensed doctor/physician or registered nurse whenever they provide direct patient care procedures. There are many
Medical Assistant Schools available, being a Medical Assistant includes loads of work, therefore requires knowledge, skills and attitude. Work ranges from administrative duties to direct patient handling. From answering calls to updating patient’s file and medical records, they also arrange for hospital admissions and laboratory services. I am familiar with all these because I am a registered nurse. And if worst comes to worse I know I could work as MA in the US. This will definitely be easy for me, as I have already performed bedside Nursing, been assigned to ER, OR, Pedia. I’ve been rotated to almost all departments, giving me a good perception and orientation of Nursing Care. I still definitely hope of being a USRN… hopefully this year.
Posted by mem mallary-santiago at
7:11 AM
Labels:





<< Home

Archives

March 2004   March 2005   April 2005   July 2006   August 2006   October 2006   January 2007   February 2007   July 2007   October 2007   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   September 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]